The Pikes Peak Pastel Society was founded in January 2000, to promote excellence in soft pastel painting and the aw areness of pastel painting to the general public. The Society is a member of the International Association of Pastel Societies and the Colorado Lawyers for the Arts.Our primary function is to facilitate the exhibition of our members’ pastel art work. We have regularly scheduled exhibits throughout the year—juried and non-juried.
- Anyone can join as an Associate member upon payment of dues.
- Associate members’ work must be juried into PPPS shows.
- Associate members’ work will state Associate member on label in some way.
- To obtain Signature status, associate members must meet Signature criteria.
Criteria for Signature membership:
Applicant must accumulate 5 points within any 5-year period. (must produce documentation)
- Three points for acceptance into a national or international juried show
- Two points for acceptance into any state or regional juried exhibit
- Two points for Best of Show or 1st Place award in a national, international, regional, or state juried exhibit.
- One point for any other award in a national or international exhibit.
All shows must be juried. Regional shows must state they are Regional.
Points can be combined so it is possible to meet criteria in just one show (acceptance into National show and taking 1st place in that show equals 5 points.)
Signature members will have a Signature member name tag.
Signature members’ work will state Signature member on label in some way.
New members can join as Signature members if criteria met.
Click here for a pdf membership form. Fill it out and mail it with your check to:
Pikes Peak Pastel Society
P.O. Box 2443
Colorado Springs, CO 80901-2443