The Pikes Peak Pastel Society was founded in January 2000, to promote excellence in soft pastel painting and the awareness of pastel painting to the general public. The Society is a member of the International Association of Pastel Societies. Our primary function is to facilitate the exhibition of our members’ pastel art work. We have regularly scheduled exhibits throughout the year—juried and non-juried.
Our membership fee is only $30, and our membership year runs from January 1st to December 31st.
Hang Your Art at Coutura Design
All Members are eligible to hang art in the hallway at Coutura Design Inspirations, 6380 Corporate Centre Circle, Colorado Springs, CO 80919. The best times to hang artwork are Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm.
All art must be framed and ready to hang with wire. Pastels must have glass or plexi-glass. Please try to use existing holes in the hallway walls. Bring hooks, nails, a hammer, removable mounting putty or removable mounting squares.
Procedure: There is a blue binder in a drawer behind the receptionist, who can help you find it. Please write your name on a page in the binder. Write the title, price and size of each piece you are hanging on your page. When removing artwork from Coutura, please cross out the listing on your page.
There are labels in the drawer with the binder. Write your name, the title and price on a label for each piece. Hang the label next to your piece, using the removable mounting putty or removable mounting squares.
All Members are Eligible to have an Artist Page on Our Website!
Our goal is to have every member sharing artwork on our website. Please email up to eight images of your pastel paintings (jpgs preferred) to Mary Sexton at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Pikes Peak Pastel Society is a member of IAPS. Some of the benefits to our Members include:
- Participation at the Biennial Convention such as workshops, exhibitions, demonstrations, etc.
- Individual members of member societies are eligible to submit artwork for the jury in all IAPS Exhibitions including – online, gallery, museum, and convention shows.
- Individual members of member societies may list IAPS membership on their resumes.
- Attend the Biennial Convention at a discounted rate. Next convention will be in 2022.
Visit the IAPS website for more information here: iapspastel.org
- Anyone can join as an Associate member upon payment of dues.
- Associate members’ work must be juried into PPPS shows.
- Associate members’ work will state Associate member on label in some way.
- To obtain Signature status, associate members must meet Signature criteria.
Criteria for Signature membership:
Applicant must accumulate 5 points within any 5-year period. (must produce documentation)
- Three points for acceptance into a national or international juried show
- Two points for acceptance into any state or regional juried exhibit
- Two points for Best of Show or 1st Place award in a national, international, regional, or state juried exhibit.
- One point for any other award in a national or international exhibit.
All shows must be juried. Regional shows must state they are Regional.
Points can be combined so it is possible to meet criteria in just one show (acceptance into National show and taking 1st place in that show equals 5 points.)
Signature members will have a Signature member name tag.
Signature members’ work will state Signature member on label in some way.
New members can join as Signature members if criteria met.
Click here for a pdf membership form. Fill it out and mail it with your check to:
Pikes Peak Pastel Society
P.O. Box 2443
Colorado Springs, CO 80901-2443
Click the button below to become a Member: